Walk like an Egyptian

The Rob Ford mural at St. Clair West and Earlscourt.

A little birdie told me that a photo of my Rob Ford piece at St. Clair and Earlscourt recently ran on BlogTO.  Nice to see.  It inspired me to offer an update on the piece.

The mural (initially covered here) is now a year old and still relatively unscathed, with a couple of exceptions:

  1. Last summer Rob Ford visited the Salsa on St. Clair festival, held nearby.  A few days later I found that his portrait had mysteriously been smeared with face paint. I leave you to draw your own conclusions, but the paint was easily cleaned off in a proud act of civic stewardship.
  2. A couple months ago someone called Skot added some cryptic markings to the face in black marker.  I always kind of like it when people bother to mess with my work, so now it's a Things/Skot collab.

Here are the results: